- B.C. Home
- Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens' Services
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Services for individuals, families and businesses
- Services for public sector organizations
- Services for government suppliers
- Technology and Innovation
Recently, the BC government has taken an enthusiastic approach to citizen engagement. By allowing citizen’s different ways to connect, policies, services and the web will be more inclusive of different perspectives, regions, people and needs. There are many different ways for citizens to interact with government. This can include attending a face to face meeting or townhall, leaving a comment on the blog, or sending a tweet or a letter to an MLA.
Citizen engagement is integral to the way the B.C. government approaches program, web and policy development.
This handbook can assist government staff with planning their citizen engagement activity. This document might also be helpful resource for NGOs, other governments or organizations who implement citizen engagement.