- B.C. Home
- Ministry of Citizens' Services and Open Government
- Information Access Operations
- Freedom of Information
- Managers, Information Access
- Records Management
- ARCS Online
The Training team coordinates and delivers all training provided by Government Records Service.
Current training courses available through the BC Public Service Agency course registration site (check "R" for Records Management or "IM" for Information Management) include:
- Records management practices for government employees
- Enterprise Document Records Management System (EDRMS) utilizing the TRIM (Total Records and Information Management) software for managing electronic and physical records
- CRMS (Corporate Records Management System) for managing physical folders
- IM 110: Managing Our Information Assets: This e-learning module outlines the importance of your role and responsibilities when working with government information.
- IM 112: Managing Government Records: This e-learning module will introduce you to how to manage government records. It takes you through the process of creating and disposing of a record and highlights the importance of record keeping in your daily activities.
Need RM training and can’t travel to Victoria? Check the BCPSA site for records management courses coming to your area.
We also have a self-directed Training in Records Management Basics on our website. This six-module course provides government employees with an understanding of the fundamental concepts that are essential for managing government records
Ann Cummings, Team Lead
NOTE: The IM110 and IM112 Learning Centre eCourses are available on an ongoing basis. The ‘Completion’ date shown at the end of each course listing is used for PSA tracking purposes. Prior to closure, a new offering of each course is posted and opened for “new” registrations.